(Pricing will vary by length of manuscript – see below)
Who is this service for?
Authors who have finished drafting their novel and are looking for advice on the bigger picture aspects that might need improvement (and those that already work well!). This should take place before any more detailed line editing, copy-editing, or proofreading.
What is included?
A detailed report, including examples from your work, that covers both the strengths and weaknesses of your manuscript in areas such as:
- Point of view
- Style and technical ability
- Suitability for target audience
This is not a full developmental edit. I can make recommendations or suggestions for improvements where weaknesses are identified, but this service does not include working with you to address them.
The price does include a further email consultation to discuss the feedback, if needed.
The price depends on the length of the manuscript, but some prices are provided below as a rough guide. Please get in touch to receive a more accurate quote.
- Up to 10,000 words (Short stories) – from £75.00
- Between 10,000 to 60,000 words (novellas or partial manuscripts) – from £120.00
- Between 60,000 to 100,000 words (full-length novels) – from £300.00
- More than 100,000 words – from £500.00
Authors who use this service are also entitled to a 10% discount on my copy-editing and proofreading services.