Hi, I’m Kate!
I specialise in editing and proofreading fiction, in particular:
- other types of “weird” fiction
- comics and graphic novels
- tabletop games
As an editor, my job is to support and encourage rather than criticise. I want to work with you to enhance your voice and ensure that your vision is clear to the reader.
In my spare time, I’m a huge fan of horror/ sci-fi / fantasy / graphic novels / games / all things geek. When I’m not editing, you can find me reading, writing, watching something new on Netflix, or playing on my PS4.
I’m an Intermediate Member of the UK’s Chartered Institute of Editing and Proofreading (CIEP), formerly the Society for Editors and Proofreaders (SfEP). In addition to my experience, I’ve completed the following training:
- P1: Proofreading – SfEP
- P2: Proofreading (with Merit) – SfEP
- CE1: Copy-editing – SfEP
- CE2: Copy-editing (with ‘Good’ marking) – SfEP
- Editing Graphic Novels – Editorial Freelancers Association (EFA)
- Foundations of Storytelling for Developmental Editors – Editorial Freelancers Association (EFA)
- Manuscript Evaluation – Editors Canada
Other skills/areas of interest
French language, Portuguese language, UK and EU politics, travel, mental health, time management, veganism.