Hi, I’m Kate!
I specialise in editing and proofreading fiction, in particular:
- other types of “weird” fiction
- comics and graphic novels
- tabletop games
Before becoming an editor, I was UK government policy advisor for almost ten years on European Union and constitutional policy matters. I think that experience set me up well for a career specialising in weird fiction!
In my spare time, I’m also a huge fan of horror/ sci-fi / fantasy / graphic novels / games / all things geek. When I’m not editing, you can find me reading, writing, watching something new on Netflix, or playing on my PS4.
I’m an Intermediate Member of the UK’s Chartered Institute of Editing and Proofreading (CIEP), formerly the Society for Editors and Proofreaders (SfEP). In addition to my experience, I’ve completed the following training:
- P1: Proofreading – SfEP
- P2: Proofreading (with Merit) – SfEP
- CE1: Copy-editing – SfEP
- CE2: Copy-editing (with ‘Good’ marking) – SfEP
- Editing Graphic Novels – Editorial Freelancers Association (EFA)
- Foundations of Storytelling for Developmental Editors – Editorial Freelancers Association (EFA)
- Manuscript Evaluation – Editors Canada