Who am I?
Hi, I’m Kate (she/her).
I’m based in London but I work with clients all over the world – and I edit in UK, US, and Canadian English.
I’ve built my career as a freelance editor and proofreader working with both traditional publishers (Macmillan, Osprey Games/Bloomsbury, Nobrow Publishing) and indie clients. I offer a range of editing services from feedback on big-picture issues in a manuscript to a final proofread – so no matter what you’re looking for from an editor, I can help!
I specialise in editing and proofreading:
Fantasy 🔮 Dark fantasy 🩸🗡️ Horror 👻 Dystopian 💥 Comics and graphic novels 🗨️ Board games and RPGs 🎲
In my spare time, I’m a huge fan of fantasy / horror / graphic novels / games / all things geek. When I’m not editing, you can find me reading, writing, watching something new on Netflix, playing on my PS5 (Skyrim, again?!), or scheming on behalf of my D&D characters.
I may be the right editor for you if…
- you want to work with someone who reads and enjoys the genres you write in.
- you value professional training and qualifications, as well as real-world experience with both traditional and indie publishers.
- you want someone who will work with you to make sure your vision is clear to the reader, rather than imposing their own.
- you believe that sometimes rules are made to be broken.
- you want encouragement, not just criticism.
I’m an Intermediate Member of the UK’s Chartered Institute of Editing and Proofreading (CIEP), formerly the Society for Editors and Proofreaders (SfEP), and a member of the Editorial Freelancers Association (EFA) in the US. I’m also a Partner Member of the Alliance of Independent Authors (ALLi).
I’m also a member of the British Fantasy Society.