Hi, I’m Kate! (she/her)
I specialise in editing and proofreading fiction, in particular:
- other types of “weird” fiction
- comics and graphic novels
- board games and RPGs
As an editor, my job is to support and encourage rather than criticise. I want to work with you to enhance your voice and make sure your vision is clear to the reader.
In my spare time, I’m a huge fan of horror/ fantasy / graphic novels / games / all things geek. When I’m not editing, you can find me reading, writing, watching something new on Netflix, playing on my PS5, or scheming on behalf of my D&D characters.
I’m an Intermediate Member of the UK’s Chartered Institute of Editing and Proofreading (CIEP), formerly the Society for Editors and Proofreaders (SfEP). In addition to my experience, I’ve completed the following training:
- P1: Proofreading – SfEP
- P2: Proofreading (with Merit) – SfEP
- CE1: Copy-editing – SfEP
- CE2: Copy-editing (with ‘Good’ marking) – SfEP
- Editing Graphic Novels – Editorial Freelancers Association (EFA)
- Foundations of Storytelling for Developmental Editors – Editorial Freelancers Association (EFA)
- Manuscript Evaluation – Editors Canada
Other skills/areas of interest
French language, Portuguese language, UK and EU politics, travel, mental health, time management, veganism.