LINE AND COPY-EDITING (WITH FEEDBACK)
(Pricing will vary by project – see here for more information)
Who is this service for?
Authors who are happy with the structure of their books, but want to improve the readability and reader experience at sentence level.
What is included?
A line-by-line edit of your work with a combination of track changes and comments on the following:
- Narrative and effectiveness of prose
- Point of View
- Authenticity and consistency of characters
- Flow (including repetition and awkward phrasing)
- Spelling, grammar, punctuation
- Basic fact-checking
- Standard document formatting using Word’s styles palette: indentation, paragraph style, section breaks
A separate feedback report expanding on any issues raised, with more advice on how to address them.
A style sheet detailing style decisions on punctuation, hyphenation, capitalisation, spelling choices, etc. , and information about the dictionary and style guide followed. The style sheet helps ensure that your work is consistent, as well as correct.